Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - Appropriate Solar Thermal Technology to Climate Type
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appropriate Solar Thermal Technology to Climate Type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Appropriate Solar Thermal Technology to Climate Type Reply with quote

Solar Cookers can be broadly classified into two categories:

1. Concentrator (e.g. paraboloid, fresnel, scheffler,)
2. Accumulative (e.g. box, SK-TF)

and hybrids of combinations from the two.

Coming from an Equatorial Climate with cloudy skies all through the year, I was made to understand that Concentrator cookers does not work well here because sunlight is weak and you can't really feasibly concentrate weak sunlight; Accumulative cookers like box cookers work well and emphirically, I can vouch for it.

Given the above, is there anyone out there that have tried out Concentrator cookers in cloudy skies conditions?
coconino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in London I’m just getting started learning about solar cooking and would be interested to know what your experience is with using accumulative cookers under cloudy skies as I had assumed that blue skies and sunshine were required. What sort of cooker have you used with success? What level of cloud still permits cooking? How long did your cooking take and what did you cook?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: