Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - CooKit Reflector Angles
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CooKit Reflector Angles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Bradley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: CooKit Reflector Angles Reply with quote

For the past several weeks I have been intensely working on two computer programs to analyze the performance of solar panel cookers. I chose the CooKit as the first application.

To use the programs, I need to know the angles at which the reflectors are mounted. I have a homemade CooKit that has been put back together with duct tape too many times. However, I measured the angles from the rear and side reflectors to the horizontal surface. Since the cardboard is a bit warped I get different results depending upon the exact spot the angles are measured. To get better measurements, I ordered a CooKit from Solar Cookers International. This did not help as much as I thought that it would because when I received the cooker and measured the angles, the left and right reflectors are at quite differnt angles. (The right reflector does not seem to fit very well and the bend at the fold seems to be larger than it should be.)

It would be very helpful to me if some people who have CooKits would measure the rear and side reflector angles and send the results to me. I would then average the results and get better numbers to use in my programs. Since I plan to publish the results, it is important that I use representative input data. I need:

1. Angle from rear reflector to horizontal surface.
2. Angle from each side reflector to horizontal surface.
3. Angle of bend at the fold in the side reflecotrs.
4. Angle between rear and side reflectors measured at the bottom of the cooker.

Until I get more representative numbers, I am using 75 degrees fror both side and rear reflector angles, a 15 degree bend at the fold point of each side reflector, and 135 degrees between the rear and side reflecors.

Thank you for any help you can give with this.

Bill Bradley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: